What I packed to travel the world on Remote Year
This is it folks! I leave today to start my Remote Year adventure where I'll live in 12 cities in 12 months all across the world.
One of the big questions I get all the time: what are you going to pack?
The short answer is: as little as possible! It's not like I'm going to the middle of the Sahara or the snowy wastes of Siberia. There will be malls and shops and I'll be able to pick up whatever I need along the way.
That means bringing the bare minimum and absolute essentials. (Which I definitely didn't do.)
Protip: Remote Year guarantees you'll be able to check a bag at or under 20kgs (44lbs) without an overweight fee.
Without further ado, here is my complete list:
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 4 pairs of leggings
- 1 pair of workout shorts
- 3 long-sleeve shirts/button-ups
- 2 light jackets
- 1 leather jacket (against my better judgement)
- 2 casual dresses
- 7 t-shirts
- 3 pairs of shoes; high tops, gym sneakers, and sandals
- 1 hat
- A jillion undies and 5 pairs of socks
- 2 headbands
- 2 packs of elastics and bobby pins
- 1 set of makeup brushes
- 1 eyeshadow palette
- 1 mascara
- 1 brow pencil
- 1 sharpener
- 2 hair clips
- 2 cans of my favorite dry shampoo
- 1 bottle of hair oil spray
- 1 hairdryer (I know... but it was expensive and I love it.)
- 1 bottle of perfume
- 1 bottle of Febreeze To Go
- 1 toothbrush & travel toothpaste
- 2 contact lens cases & bottle of saline
- 1.5 year supply of new contacts (I'd rather have too many than be blind)
- Trtl Neck Pillow
- Tarot cards (don't judge, I'm gunna try to learn)
- Jungle Speed (a super fun card game)
- Clothes line
- Bluetooth speaker
- LED Vanity Mirror
- Selfie stick
- USB fan
- TSA compliant wine opener
- Luggage scale
- Travel power strip
- Travel power adapter
- Glasses and case
- External battery pack
- Combination lock backpack
- Microsoft Surface Dock
- Crossbody wallet with magnetic phone case
And of course, the obvious like a million charging cords, my laptop, phone, passport, yadda yadda.
Total weight: 20.3kg (45lbs.) #nailedit
(although the airport scale weighed in at 18.8kg???)
I'm about to board my flight in 20 minutes! First stop: Zurich, Switzerland.
*Some of these links may be affiliates. For more info see my full disclosure linked in the footer.